There are several questions that you will need to find the answers to when researching the cost of renovating a house or planning layout ideas. One of those important questions is “How much do architects cost UK?”. The answers to this question will help guide you into making the best decision.
Understanding how much architects cost in the UK will help you decide if you can afford to go for the big ideas as opposed to more moderate or small ones.
In this post, we will take a look at how much architects cost in the UK.
An Overview on How Much Architects Cost UK
There are several factors that determine the cost of hiring an architect in the UK and here are 2 of them:
· Reputation and Experience: The first factor that will influence how much an architect costs in the UK is the reputation and experience of the architect. Obviously, hiring an architect that has just graduated from the university will be much cheaper than hiring an architect with experience and an exceptional reputation.
· The Nature of Your Project: Complex projects will cost more than modest ones. For instance, remodelling your entire home will cost more than extending your kitchen.
However, the rule of thumb for how much architects cost in the UK is that they will typically charge between 5% and 10% of the overall cost of your project. For example, if extending your kitchen will cost you £100,000, most architects will charge you between £5,000 and 10,000. So, the easiest way to answer the question, “how much do architects cost UK” is by applying the 5% to 10% rule.
What You Will Get When Working With Architects UK
Although hiring a good architect in the UK seems expensive, the benefits are priceless if you bring them into the right projects. For instance, you will enjoy working with domestic architects more when you bring them in for ambitious, large-scale projects than when you ask them to work on small ones.
Many benefits come with working with architects in the UK and one of them is ensuring that your project is properly constructed. Also, registered architects are bound to follow building regulations, ensuring the safety of your property and that of the lives of other people.
Here are a few perks that come when you hire an architect UK:
· You will get an accurate measurement and professional survey of your property
· You will get a 3D or 2D professionally designed plan that will include plumbing, electrical, and heating plans.
· You will get sound advice on the materials you should go for when completing your project
· You will get revisions of your design schemes
· They will help you prepare and submit your project drawings to the LPA to help secure planning permission
· They will help in monitoring your planning application
· They will help in the production and management of tenders such as those from appointed contractors.
· Some may help manage your project from start to finish.
Although finding the answer to the question, “How much do architects cost in the UK?” seems outrageous to many, the benefits are worth every penny that you invest.